Monday, July 17, 2006

Incredible Book Marketing Strategies Gleaned from Conference with Mark Victor Hanson, Alex Mandossian, Armand Morin, Dan Poynter, Rick Frishman, Etc.

Just flew in this morning from Orlando, Florida, after a four-day conference full of new strategies and tips for emerging authors. These are appropriate for those on the path to being published by mainstream publishers or pursuing self-publishing. I am a tad jetlagged because I had to wake up at 3:30 to come home to New York. As I go through my copious notes during the week ahead, I'll blog some of the great information I learned from these superstars of publishing. An extended essay will also be featured in my next monthly newsletter, coming later this week, which you can sign up for on my home page.

These tactics include the power of online press releases, Amazon sales campaigns, attracting agents and editors through successful self-publishing, promotion of digital books, effective Web formats for generating massive databases of interested readers, the importance of branding, among numerous others. I was hugely impressed not only by the presenters, but also by the desire of the people in attendance to be contributors and leaders on our common journey to establish a more heart-centered world. The vision of peace I hold is one where creative self-expression is the norm.

I was thrilled to participate alongside and connect on different levels with Rev. Ernest Chu, Barbara DeAngelis, Jean Houston, Richard Paul Evans, John Kremer, Matt Bacak, and Kim Castle, as well many, many others. More to follow soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home